Cairns Adrenaline Overload! Six days of pure adventure. In the adventure capital of Australia, we will take you white water rafting on the Tully, go deep into the ancient Daintree Rainforest to check out huge crocodiles, head out onto the Barrier Reef to snorkel in a pristine underwater environment. Optional bolt on sky dive is also available! We will put you up in a great hostel in Cairns too!
Cairns Adrenaline Overload!Book Now
Five nights in Cairns. Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest with three adrenaline kicking activities included! A great start to Australia via Cairns or a final five days of adventure to finish off your trip, the Adrenaline Overload will provide you with some of your most memorable highs of your Aussie Adventure. It is also open dated so you can just turn up when your travels come to an end.
- Day trip out to swim on the The Great Barrier Reef on a cool catamaran
- Raging Thunder Rafting! Thrilling white water rafting experience
- Cape Tribulation Jungle Tour: Check out the worlds oldest rainforest
- Several nights living it large in tropical Cairns
- Making friends on some thrilling adventures
- Free meal with a drink in the Hostel ´s cool bar
“A great start or end to an East Coast Trip”
There is no set trip itinerary for this trip, instead you decide on which day you want to complete each activity.
- Passions of Paradise Great Barrier Reef day Tour
- Raging Thunder Rafting Trip
- Jungle Tours Cape Tribulation ‘Go Wild’ day tour
You can start this trip when ever you like, there are no set start dates.
Pick ups for each activity
Because the activities are open dated (until six months after booking your programme with Xtreme Gap) you have to confirm your arrival and activities three days before arrival. How to do this will be stated in your information pack we send out after booking.
- Passions of Paradise boarding from Marlin Marina at 7:30am – transfer from hostel is not included – but easy enough.
- Raging Thunder pick up from hostel at 6:30am
- Jungle Tours pick up from hostel at 7am
Passions of Paradise Barrier Reef Trip
Passions of Paradise operates daily from Cairns to Michaelmas Cay and Paradise Reef, departing at 8 am and arriving back at around 5 pm.
A stylish, fast and modern catamaran, taking you to the best reefs
- Great crew
- Air conditioned saloon
- A dedicated snorkelling instructor and FREE tuition for those who want to learn to snorkel
- A tropical buffet lunch of hot and cold dishes including prawns and fresh tropical fruit. Our lunch is fresh, chef prepared on the boat, and tasty.
- Highest quality masks, snorkels, fins and scuba diving equipment.
- Two unique destinations: Michaelmas Cay and Paradise Reef (weather permitting)
- Exclusive mooring at Paradise Reef (no crowds)
- Free floatation vests to aid non swimmers
- Free guided snorkel tour
- Morning tea which includes fresh brewed coffee and muffins
- Cheese platter for afternoon tea
- An on-board marine naturalist presentation on coral and bird life
- 10 minute FREE SCUBA diving demonstration
- High caliber sailing. Passions of Paradise will always find time to turn their engines off and do some genuine sailing on the way home to Cairns.
- Staff trained to Advanced ECO Certification Standard
Raging Thunder, Tully River Rafting Trip
- Guaranteed small groups, with less interruption
- Highly experienced senior guides
- More thrilling paths through the rapids
- Rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing
- Accommodation transfers
- Up to five hours white water rafting
- BBQ lunch beside the river
Cape Tribulations Go Wild Tour
- Travel with an informative guide along the Captain Cook Highway, one of the most scenic coastal drives in Australia.
- See rare and endangered species at the Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary. There´s a guided walk and free time to wander through the three environments. Snacks are available for purchase from the cafÃ©, or upgrade to ´Breakfast with the Birds´ (at own expense).
- Learn about the rainforest, on a guided interpretive walk through the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge.
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of the Mossman River.
- Picnic lunch at a picturesque setting (included).
- Search for local wildlife including water birds and crocodiles on a Daintree River Cruise (includes light refreshments).
- Visit Cape Tribulation Beach! Wander the beach and boardwalk to the lookout or simply relax and soak up the serenity.
- Depart Cape Tribulation at approximately 4.30pm and travel back to Cairns.
Cairns perched near the top of Australia in Queensland offers the perfect backdrop to get your adrenaline fix in Australia! Surrounded by one of the worlds oldest jungles, with a gorgeous coastline and the great barrier reef off shore it has everything. Even the Tully river, the best white water rafting spot in Australia. Cairns has an international airport making it an idea entry point into Australia, and also a very popular exit point. If you are on the Oz Experience Bruce pass, you will end here.
During the trip you stay in a top backpackers hostel located in Cairns.
The Cairns Youth Hostel & Serpent Bar is ready to blow your mind with a great location, unbelievable facilities and outstanding value for money! Beat the tropical heat with our fully air conditioned rooms, lounge around in our chilled out social areas, or take a dip in the huge outdoor swimming pool. Breakfast is included FREE for all guests!
Stay in a dorm (shared bathroom) or private room (ensuite available) .
- DINNER EACH NIGHT, with a drink at the Hostels bar between 5 and 7.30 PM!
- Regular shuttle bus
- Fresh, clean linen
- Tea and coffee
- Mail holding and forwarding
- One block to the Esplanade
- Security card access
- Huge tropical pool
- Serpent Bar & Cafe
- Lush garden setting
- TV Room
- Beach volleyball
- Total beds 280
Frequently Asked Questions
Most likely you will be heading down the East coast afterwards, a great way to do this is with our 14 day East coast tour which can depart from Cairns to Sydney. When you arrive in Sydney consider the Sydney conneXion. Making this one epic adventure!
- 5 Nights Accommodation at a top backpackers (4 pax room)
- Transport to the activities
- Passions of Paradise Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
- Raging Thunder Rafting Trip
- Jungle Tours Cape Tribulation ‘Go Wild’ day tour.
- Tea and Coffee
- All equipment for activities
- Detailed pre departure pack
- Discount card for lots of activities in Australia (pick up in Cairns)
- Travel insurance
- Transfer to the Marina for the passions of paradise tour
- Levy for paradise tour 10 AUD
- Levy for rafting 30 AUD
“A really great way to finish my East Coast trip”
“At the best time in Australia and really enjoyed the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree rainforest, thank you for recommending that to me as this is something I probably would not have done.”