Spend the most incredible 8 to 12 weeks of your life training to become a dive professional. Whether you choose to work in diving as a result or just enjoy the training process of diving everyday, it is tough to beat this lifestyle! Located in a popular and beautiful part of Costa Rica you will advance your dive skills from your current level through to Divemaster. You can go from Zero to hero (Open Water to Divemaster) or start at your current level.
Divemaster in Costa RicaBook Now
- Diving in the tropical Pacific Ocean
- Seeing Dolphins, Whales and thousands of tropical fish
- Encountering monkeys and Sloths in Manuel Antonio National Park
- Diving every day and being part of a vibrant fun dive shop
- Getting to know the locals with your own host family looking after you
- Includes all meals and free wifi!
- Up to 70ft visibility in warm waters
Itinerary Costa Rica Divemaster Course
Why do your Divemaster Costa Rica? One who would want to dive in the beautiful warm waters surrounding Costa Rica. It’s a tropical paradise with amazing underwater environments, coupled with superb dive training and easy laid-back lifestyle it’s a great place to go about getting a Divemaster course.
There is no set itinerary for doing your Divemaster course, however you will have to complete different courses in the run up to doing your Divemaster:
- Open Water Course
- Advanced Open Water Course
- Rescue diver and EFR
A Typical Day
Duties in the morning would usually revolve around greeting the costumers as they came in and fitting their equipment, fins, mask, wetsuit, weights ect.. As well as answering questions and generally chatting and joking and trying to make them feel comfortable about the upcoming dives.
After loading up all the tanks and equipment on the big F150 truck known as Mighty White its off to the boat 5 minutes away. After loading up the boat and giving the customers a briefing it is time to go diving.
There are many dive sites in Manuel Antonio National Park. Often you will be assisting the resident Divemasters, shadowing customers underwater and keeping an eye out on them. You will greatly improve your dive skills through lots of diving and on some days specific training dives with the course director Georgia.
Mapping, search and recovery, deep, rescue and navigation ect..
Some times you may do skills in the pool or studying theory or helping out around the shop.
If there are no dives in the afternoon you will generally finish up around 2pm. Which leaves you free to go to the beach, explore rainforest trails, swim in waterfalls.. Manuel Antonio is a stunningly beautiful national park with amazing wildlife. Sloths, lizards, 3 types of monkeys, birds.
This Divemaster programme uses local homestay accommodation. Expect your own comfortable room, private bathroom, breakfast, lunch, dinner, free wifi and laundry service. We have been using the same homestays for a couple of years and it has proven to be very popular and more importantly secure, safe environment for our Divemaster trainees. Staying at a home stay also gets you immersed in the local culture quicker and you have your own Costa Rican family to look after you!
The Homestays are located in the Manuel Antonio / Quepos Area
Manuel Antonio is located 100 miles south of San Jose on the central Pacific Coast (a pleasant 2 1/2-hour drive, or a short 20 minutes by plane), Manuel Antonio is home to a national park which was established in 1972 and is the natural habitat of species such as the endangered squirrel monkey (endemic to the area), white faced capuchin monkey, raccoons, three and two-toed sloths, white-nosed coaties, brown pelicans, black-collared hawks and green kingfishers.
Manuel Antonio is located 100 miles south of San Jose on the central Pacific Coast (a pleasant 2 1/2-hour drive, or a short 20 minutes by plane), Manuel Antonio is home to a national park which was established in 1972 and is the natural habitat of species such as the endangered squirrel monkey (endemic to the area), white faced capuchin monkey, raccoons, three and two-toed sloths, white-nosed coaties, brown pelicans, black-collared hawks and green kingfishers. It has beautiful beaches, great for relaxing or learning to surf, and a wealth of activities and nature. It is off of the national park where you will be diving during your time here. Nearby Quepos (about 10 minute drive or bus ride) is where the dive shop is situated.
This is a local town with all the necessary amenities including banks, shops restaurants and anything else you may need and serves as the gateway to the Manuel Antonio area. Accommodations are situated in Quepos and a local family house. You will have a private room with basic bathroom. Breakfast, dinner and laundry service are included in this. The Homestay is approximately a 15 minute walk to the dive shop so allows an easy commute in the morning.
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
- Airport pick up from San Jose Airport to Quepos by private car (met by representative of the dive shop)
- All Dive Courses (Open water to Divemaster)
- Dive Equipment (rental)
- All PADI Course Materials
- All dives during your scheduled program (2 – 4 Dives per day)
- Accommodation, private or semi-private room with bathroom at a homestay
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Laundry service (local payment per load)
- Scuba equipment rental of BCD, regulator, tanks and weights
- Regular social events: BBQs, salsa classes.
- Beach location, minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park
- Discounts on local tours: whitewater rafting, ATV´s, Canopy tours, horseback riding on the beach.
- Free workshop on Rescue techniques.
- Free CV preparation and Job placement assistance.
- Travel insurance & Dive insurance
- Padi Registration Fees
- Additional dives after scheduled program has finished
- Mask, snorkel and fins and dive watch or dive computer (all Divemaster candidates must have personal)
- Transport to return to San Jose airport (can be arranged locally at $185)
Jul 2020 Sun: 19 Jul 2020 Book Now Sun: 26 Jul 2020 Book Now
Aug 2020 Sun: 02 Aug 2020 Book Now Sun: 09 Aug 2020 Book Now Sun: 16 Aug 2020 Book Now Sun: 23 Aug 2020 Book Now Sun: 30 Aug 2020 Book Now
Sep 2020 Sun: 06 Sep 2020 Book Now Sun: 13 Sep 2020 Book Now Sun: 20 Sep 2020 Book Now Sun: 27 Sep 2020 Book Now
Oct 2020 Sun: 04 Oct 2020 Book Now Sun: 11 Oct 2020 Book Now Sun: 18 Oct 2020 Book Now Sun: 25 Oct 2020 Book Now
Nov 2020 Sun: 01 Nov 2020 Book Now Sun: 08 Nov 2020 Book Now Sun: 15 Nov 2020 Book Now Sun: 22 Nov 2020 Book Now Sun: 29 Nov 2020 Book Now
Dec 2020 Sun: 06 Dec 2020 Book Now Sun: 13 Dec 2020 Book Now Sun: 20 Dec 2020 Book Now Sun: 27 Dec 2020 Book Now