South East Asia & New ZealandBook Now
This exciting trip starts off in Bangkok, with the Xtreme Thailand Experience. A four week fully guided group trip to the best places in Thailand. Then we include a flexible hop on hop off pass trough the North of Thailand, the whole of stunning Laos, into Cambodia seeing sights like Angkor Wat and last but not least the whole of Vietnam from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi (South to North and everything in between) before heading to New Zealand to enjoy the stunning nature, Kiwi hospitality and adrenaline activities in Queens Town! Men… this trip is Epic!
- Meeting up online before you go travelling
- Meeting new friends and sharing adventures
- Immersing yourself in Thailand culture and parties on the Xtreme Thailand Experience
- Tropical Islands and amazing beaches
- Fullmoon Party
- Staying at an elephant camp
- Koh Tao Adventure options with diving, freediving, Muay Thai or yoga sessions
- Amazing Adventure with boat ride and snorkelling plus viewpoint!
- Try Out Scuba with an Xtreme Trial Scuba Experience
- Bangkok, Hanoi, Vientiane and many more exciting cities
- Street food and Asian flavours at every turn (tip avoid the squid jerky)
- Tuk Tuks, Rickshaws and crazy traffic!
- River tubing in Laos and stunning scenery
- Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Enjoy the many water sports or kick back and relax in Sihanoukville
- Learn about Cambodia’s history at the S21 Prison and Killing Fields
- Learn about the history of the American and Vietnam War at sights and musea
- Come face to face with monkeys, gibbons and other endangered species at the Primate Centre in Vietnam
- Explore life in the old town of Hoi An, a picture perfect Vietnamese riverside town; listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Flexible travel in New Zealand
- Learn all bout Maori culture
- Visit Lord of the Rings’ volcanoes
- Majestic Franz Josef glacier with a free day to hike and explore it
- Stunning sites and adrenaline activities in Queens Town
Great Times on the Xtreme Thailand Experience
- Discovering Thai culture, temples & cuisine on mind-blowing experiences
- Trekking through national parks & discovering cool waterfalls
- Volunteering with Elephants and Mahouts
- Exploring exciting Bangkok and stay in a fun backpackers hostel near the backpacking Mecca Khao San Road
- Adrenaline Action on Koh Tao like diving and freediving, kickboxing or cross fit. If you prefer to chill out a little, you can with a yoga course.
- Koh Tao adventure day with longtail boat, snorkelling, paradise islands and view points.
- Try Out Scuba with an Xtreme trial Scuba Experience and Stand Up Paddle
- An amazing laugh all the way with fun group leaders to guide you and the rest of the group
- Connect from Bangkok up to the Amazing North of Thailand on trains and traverse Laos from north to south in to Cambodia and from the south of Vietnam to the north ending up in Hanoi
- ´Jump-on’ and ‘jump-off’ the bus anywhere that you want along the way around our comprehensive route
- Go further off the beaten track for unique down-to-earth stops, local culture and amazing activities
- Travel with like-minded people, our legendary guides and local drivers
- We can organise guest houses, hostels, budget hotels, ecolodges and camping accommodation options enroute
- Explore both islands (north and south) on a flexible itinerary
- Orientation meeting the night before departure
- Social back packer busses
- Help with accommodation and activity bookings
- Incredible scenery
- Fun and social backpacker route
- Awesome experiences can be booked throughout the trip
- Staying off the beaten track places and learn more about this epic country
- We can organise hostels options enroute
Fully guided trip throughout Southeast Asia & New Zealand with loads of activities and inclusions
- Time of booking if travelling in more than 6 months -25% deposit of the balance
- At 16 Weeks until departure ” 50% of the balance
- 12 weeks before departure ” the remaining 25% balance.
Experience Thailand with our top selling trip. Four adventure-filled weeks, that will take you from Bangkok to the heart of Thailand, to the tropical beaches of Koh Tao. Our included airport collection, Thai guides, guaranteed group numbers and jam-packed itinerary make this ideal for first time or solo travellers. Meet new people, make new friends, plus choose from 5 awesome activities for your 3rd week and have an unforgettable month-long journey.
The Xtreme New Zealand Xplorer (Our Awsome New Zealand Travel pass) enompasses all of the xtreme highlights of NZ, bungee jumping, rafting, glacier trekking, volcano walking, as well as taking you way off the beaten track to isolated hill stations, glacial lakes, massive surf breaks, golden beaches and big blue skies.
A flexible hop on hop off adventure taking in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, starting in the capital of Thailand Bangkok and ending in the capital of Vietnam Hanoi. With the recommended a trip time of 56 days (min 38), this is the perfect guided group backpacking adventure taking in four incredible Southeast Asia countries. All transport, loads of activities included.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, most of our travellers are solo travellers. You will meet lots of people on the different weeks. With group start dates and lots of group activities, you will make new friends really easy.
Returning back to Bangkok to get on your next trip is easy, transfers can be arranged on Koh Tao through rep and the cost is approximately £20. If you’re flying out straight after the trip ends, you have two options to meet your flight in Bangkok.
You can fly or take the boat and bus.
Yes, for some parts of the trip (Vietnam) you do need a visa. For Thailand and Laos and Cambodia, you get on at the border. But please know that arranging a visa is totally up to you and not Xtreme´s responsibility.
Absolutely our guides will be there to meet you off your flight. If you are nervous about flying on your own, we also hook you up with a buddy list where you can chat to other people on your trip prior to booking your flights. That means you can coordinate your flights together and have a travel buddy as you go.
Is this trip suitable for you? The average age on this trip is between 18 and 26. Although it is open to all. The make up of the groups is usually 60% female to 40% male, just going to show, girls really are braver than boys! So come on lads, what are you waiting for? Prove us wrong!
Thailand is a very safe country in general, it does however get a lot of press due to the political situation. Comparatively you are more in danger in a big city in western Europe then you are backpacking in Thailand. We have a guide with you at all times, and there is a great support network available to you to help you out even for the little things like losing your bank card.
For Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam
For New Zealand
Special payment conditions
On round the world bookings we can stage payment to make it easier to save, you can of course pay all at once.
This ensures you have enough time to save for your flights, spending money and insurance.
Thailand (first 4 weeks)
The First 2 weeks
- Personal meet & greet at the airport
- Transfers to your hotel in Bangkok
- Meet your other adventurers: Access to online buddy lists before you leave!
- Unforgettable Bangkok city tour
- Wat Arun, Wat Pho & Reclining Buddha
- 13 nights total accommodation in high standard guesthouses and homestays
- Breakfast during the first 2 weeks
- Some delicious meals included
- A 2 day elephant experience with food included
- River rafting experience
- 2 days of trekking in a stunning national park
- Night markets & Nights Out
- Cookery class
- 24 hour emergency support
- Maximum group size 26
- Overnight Transfer to Koh Tao
On Koh Tao
- Koh Tao adventure day which includes:
- Boat around the island
- Snorkelling in crystal clear waters round a tropical paradise island
- Spectacular trek up to an incredible view point
- Koh Tao Extra Activities Included
- Beach BBQ after beach Clean up day
- Beach Clean up day
- Stand Up Paddling
- Xtreme Discover Scuba Dive
- Koh Tao activity option Week inclusions (pick one option):
- Get fit pack: 5 Muay Thai Sessions (5 hours), all equipment (for rent included) and training one on one with a Muay Thai Trainer
- Get ripped pack: 4 Crossfit sessions. These 4 classes will teach you all the basic movements and techniques for CrossFit
- Xtreme Freediving Pack: a 2 day beginner free diving course
- Relax With Yoga: 5 yoga sessions spread out over 5 days
- The learn to dive course includes a full PADI open water course, course materials, instruction and 4 dives
- Full moon party
- All Accommodation
- Breakfast on arrival on Koh Tao
- 12 nights accommodation in standard fan room in Koh Tao at our luxury resort
- Free Wi-Fi at the accommodation
- Pick up from the boat and transfer to the resort in Koh Tao by taxi
- Back up & support second to none. Services of our tour leaders and English-speaking reps who are available and based locally 24/7.
Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam (56 days recommended)
- Pre departure information
- Pick up at different locations in Thailand and Laos
- Reservations for extra tours and accommodation will be made by the guide
- Flexible hop on hop off pass minimum travel time 56 days, taking you all the way from Bangkok to Hanoi
- All Transportation, flexible itinerary
- Services of the Tour Leader who can help with accommodation and activities
New Zealand (32 days recommended)
- Pre departure information
- Activities as per itinerary
- Private transportation throughout New Zealand
- Driver guide showing you all the best places
- Services of the Tour Leader who can help with accommodation and activities
- Awesome hop on hop off flexible itinerary covering both islands
- Travel Insurance
- Meals (in Thailand we do include a few!)
- Accommodation in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam & New Zealand
- Transport from Koh Tao to Bangkok
15 July 2018
05 August 2018
02 September 2018
30 September 2018
28 October 2018
02 December 20188
Start Dates 2019
06 January 2019
03 February 2019
03 March 2019
31 March 2019
28 April 2019
02 June 2019
30 June 2019
28 July 2019
25 August 2019
29 September 2019
27 October 2019
24 November 2019
See Other Round The World Trips
South East Asia is a very interesting, fun, safe and beautiful part of the world. It has a well-trodden backpacking route for good reason. This group trip will show you the best sites in Vietnam, Thailand and Laos in a whopping 9 weeks!
This trip is epic. Combining arguably two of the greatest backpacking routes in the world. You can immerse yourself in culture and good times in Southeast Asia. Prior to witnessing one of the most beautiful countries and adrenaline packed locations on the planet
So you want to do an amazing round the world trip, but not sure where to start? This is a pretty good option for you! The best parts of Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. All the must do activities, incredible places and incredible people await. From Thailand island hopping, to the East coast Australia and a mental few days in Queenstown, this is the perfect backpacking adventure.
Thailand & Australia offer the perfect mixture when you want to go travelling. Stopping off in Thailand you will be blown away by the culture, beaches and stunning beauty of the country. Featuring a month long Trip you can really do it all, lazy days on tropical beaches. Partying in Bangkok, temples and action. Then it's on to Australia, where you will have an amazing first week followed by an exciting adventure up the East coast.
Start your trip with a stunning group trip through Thailand culture, actions and lots of well deserved beach time, get cultured up in Laos, join the tubing in Vang Vieng before getting serious and join or the Outback Cowboy course or the Learn to earn on sailing yachts course in Australia!