South Africa Adrenaline TourBook Now
The most exciting way to experience South Africa!
We believe when you push your comfort zone you will get the most out of your trip. This is one of our most exciting, gnarly and knee trembling trips. You will certainly not forget in a hurry, but will you be brave enough to take on the massive Bloukrans bungee bridge? Your bucket list just got a whole lot shorter.
The 6 day South Africa Adrenaline Tour Highlights Include:
- Try out some Surfing, kite surfing or watch the pros at super tubes in Jeffreys Bay.
- Safari time with a Big 5 game drive. Wild animal encounters with Lions, big cats and the big five.
- Explore the millennia old Cango Caves.
- Ride an ostrich at an Ostrich farm and get a piggyback offer full-grown African elephant.
- Dare to throw yourself of Bloukrans Bridge a 216 m bungee monster!
- Fly through the forest on an exciting Zip-line tour.
- Go shark cage diving in one of the top shark diving locations in the world.
- Visit one of the world’s most famous Elephant sanctuary’s.
Adrenaline Tour Garden Route Road Trip
Day 1 ǀ Cape Town to Struisbaai:
One of the most scenic coastal drives in the world optional shark cage dive, ending at the bottom of continental Africa.
It’s an early start from Cape Town at 8.30. It’s going to be a hell of the road trip. Today we head East, as we leave behind table Mountain and the glorious Cape Town, we had along the N2 to the coast. We will be joining the famous Whale route which is one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world. Mountains descend into the Indian Ocean, which is loaded with whales and sharks.
You have the opportunity to go shark cage diving today. This will mean you leave even earlier than the main group to get out on the boat to see the sharks. You will then meet up with the main group directly after your shot cage dive.
Make sure your camera is fully charged because you’re going to be snapping away like a lunatic, we can have a stop in a craft beer brewery to quench your thirst before heading to Cape Agulhas National Park.
Despite most people believe the Cape of Good Hope holds this title, it is actually Cape Agulhas that is the most southern geographical point of Africa.
After a visit to the lookout point we make our way to the harbour where there is an option to embark on an exciting ski-boat cruise to search for dolphin and whales (June to November).
After our cruise we take a walk back to our accommodation along “Die Plaat”, the longest beach in the Southern Hemisphere. This day is designed to be a relaxing one for you to get to know your fellow travellers, to get used to travelling in our vehicle and to settle into the comfortable routine of life on tour.
- Meals: Dinner
- Accommodation: Backpacker dorm -Cape Agulhas Backpackers
- Facilities Shared ablutions, bar, internet, swimming pool
- Route: Cape Town to Struisbaai ±260 km
- Travel time: ±4 hrs
- Included Highlight: Land Based Whale Watching in Hermanus / Shopping
Beer/wine tasting at Birkenhead Brewery
- Optional Activities: Shark cage diving
Day 2 ǀ Cape Agulhas to Sedgefield: Canoeing & Hike
Goodbye whale route hello garden route. Day two brings beach time, kayaking and waterfalls.
Not such an early start this morning, enjoy your breakfast After a relaxing breakfast we start driving inland again, this time towards the famed Garden Route!
After a scenic drive we begin a beautiful canoe trip down one of the many tranquil rivers in the area, followed by a short hike to a stunning waterfall.
We finish off the day with some beach time down at Myoli Beach.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation: Cape to Addo Backpacker dorm: Sedgefield
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, internet, pool, entertainment areas
- Route: Struisbaai to Sedgefield ± 340 km
- Travel time: ±4 hrs
- Included Highlight: Canoe trip & hike to waterfall
Day 3 ǀ Oudtshoorn:
Driving through the desert Little Karoo. Exploring underground caves. Riding ostriches and swimming with crocodiles!
We begin the day with a drive over the picturesque Outeniqua mountain range into the semi desert region of the Klein Karoo and Oudtshoorn. Today you’re going to see more ostriches than you will probably ever see for the rest of your life. Originally not native to Oudtshoorn, settlers discovered that the ostrich thrives here. So you’re going learn a lot about them. If you’re up for it you can ride one one as well (don’t worry it doesn’t hurt the ostrich and it is really very silly).
Prior to that we are going to explore the amazing Cango Caves. Think massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world.
If you enjoy spelunking (yes that’s a real word we didn’t make that up) and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5 hour adventure tour!
Finally you can go see endangered wildlife act can go wildlife Ranch. This is the only place in the world we can go crocodile cage diving! They also have a big cat Sanctuary, where you can interact with cheetah as well.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation: Cape to Addo Backpacker dorm in Sedgefield
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, internet, pool, free shuttle service to PiliPili Beach bar
- Route: Sedgefield to Oudtshoorn day trip ±190 km
- Travel time: ±3 hrs
- Included Highlight: Standard or adventure guided tour of Cango Caves
- Tour of a working Ostrich farm + riding (weight restriction apply to riders)
- Cango Endangered Wildlife ranch
Day 4 ǀ Sedgefield – Jeffrey’s Bay:
Learn all about monkeys and Elephants. Throw yourselves down canyons and take on the mighty bloukrans Bungee. Hike through a national Park. Finish in one of the worlds top surf spots. Not a bad afternoon.
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from. This is an action packed itinerary today so you will not get to pick every single option, so pick the one that you would most like to do.
- Elephant Sanctuary where you learn about, and interact with orphaned elephants.
- Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area.
- Kloofing trip through a spectacular gorge with jumps, abseils and swimming.
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial bridge Bungee Jump at 216 meters. It is really bloody scary. If you cannot face the jump, you can face a pint, from the clifftop bar where you can watch the jumpers on a live video feed.
For those that have successfully completed the jump they are going to need a serious wind down. There is no better place to do this than the Tsitsikamma National Park. It’s like something out of the lost world, with an ancient rainforest descending down beautiful cliffs into the sea. We will go for a hike over the suspension bridges to check out the scenery and stop for lunch in an amazing beachside lodge. Make sure you try the stake it is to die for.
If we have time we will head to Storms river swing bridges before we reach the world-famous surfing Mecca Jeffreys Bay. We will be staying right by the beach in an awesome Surf Lodge. The Surf Lodge will be your home for the next couple of days, although we will be doing road trips up to the addo national elephant Park.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Accommodation Backpacker dorm; Island Vibe Backpackers, Jbay
- Facilities: Shared ablutions, bar, restaurant, internet
- Route: Sedgefield to Storms River/Jbay
- Travel time: ±2-3 hrs
- Included Highlight: Tsitsikamma Forest
- Optional Activities: Elephant Sanctuary, Monkeyland, Bloukrans bungee jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour
Day 5 ǀ Jeffrey’s Bay – Addo National Park – Sedgefield: Game Drive (Addo), Surfing, shopping time (Jeffrey’s bay)
Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
Addo Game Drive
The Addo elephant Park is immense. It’s also one of the top elephant game reserves in South Africa. Miles and miles of endless African bush, will have surprises around every corner. We will go for a 3 to 5 hour game drive in the elephant Park so have your camera charged in your memory card is empty!
Day 6 ǀ Sedgefield to Cape Town: Return to Cape Town via Sir Lowry’s Pass
Please note you can add on an extra week by leaving the tour on this day and joining the wildlife conservation experience
After breakfast overlooking the ocean in Sedgefield, we start our journey back to Cape Town. Our first stop is a once in a lifetime experience, walking with lions! This informative walk allows you to get some amazing photos while getting up close and personal with these amazing creatures We then visit an Aloe factory in Albertinia and enjoy a wonderful scenic drive via Swellendam and Sir Lowry’s Pass. We arrive in Cape Town late Thursday afternoon.
- Route: Sedgefield – Cape Town +-450 km’s
- Travel time:±5 hrs
- Optional Activities: Lion Walk
On this trip you say multiple locations. Accommodation is mainly in dorms or twin to triple share single sex rooms.
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Optional activities that can be booked while on the itinerary above:
If you want to get in early you can easily add on the Cape Town adrenaline overload to this programme which covers many of these optional extras.
Please note that these rates are subject to change without prior notice as per the service providers and are paid locally.
- Shark cage diving R1650
- Ski-boat cruise (possible whale viewing Jun to Nov) R200
- Cango Ostrich Farm R50
- Cango Endangered Wildlife Ranch R105
- Pet a hand raised cheetah (including photos) R150
- Cage diving with crocodiles R285
- Bloukrans bungee jump (216m) R690
- Bloukrans bridge walking tour R100
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park R100
- Tsitsikamma Blackwater Tubing (seasonal Sep – Apr) R445
- 2 Hour game drive with 4×4 vehicle in Addo National Park R200
- Surfboard & wetsuit rental 1 hr R100 / half day -R200
- Surfing lessons (2 hours, plus free equipment use for rest of day) R200
- 2 Hour beach horse ride R200
- Elephant Sanctuary (1 hour educational program R295 or program + 10 min ride R375)
- Monkeyland R120
- One extra night on arrival (pre accommodation)
More excitement if you have some time to spare, why not book one or more of the following options on top of the itinerary.
Why not add on the wildlife conservation experience week (min 2 weeks):
Wildlife Conservation & Safari
Staying in the big five wildlife reserve near Port Elizabeth, guided by expert game rangers you will have access every day to Africa’s wildlife. Early in the mornings and in the afternoons you will head out in modified land cruisers, looking for wildlife and getting involved in conservation activities.
It is spectacular as it is adventurous, but more than that you will gain a deeper understanding of the issues African wildlife is facing. For example the exploitation of the rhino, or combating poaching from elephant ivory poachers. There are so many different projects and tasks that need your assistance you can really contribute something back. But it’s not all hard work out on the reserves, its incredible experiences as well. Face-to-face with raw African wildlife, you will track lions, buffaloes leopards and more.
During these weeks you will stay on the reserves, in a shared volunteer house, all food is provided for you, although there is the opportunity to purchase extra snacks and soft drinks. With days full of wildlife interaction, your nights around the campfire will be filled with incredible story swapping as you relive the moments of the day.
You also have the option to contribute to our wildlife conservation database, and write reports on your findings, a great way to show future employers or university tutors what you got up to with your time off.
At the end of the second week (Monday) you will be dropped off in Port Elizabeth where you can catch your flight home. If you wish to travel further on through South Africa, we can also help organise Baz bus tickets, a hop on hop off bus network so let us know all about your travel plans.
- 5 nights accommodation + bedding
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- All transport in vehicle with AC, CD player and reclining seats
- Visit to Cape Agulhas
- Beer/Wine tasting in Hermanus
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Cango Caves OR Cango Wildlife ranch entry fee
- Knysna Heads
- Entrance to Wilderness National park
- Canoe trip and hike to waterfall in Wilderness
- Visit to an aloe factory
- Stop at Storms River/Jeffreys Bay
- Airport pick up (you can add on the Cape Town ConneXion for this)
- Some meals
Feb 2018 Sat: 10 Feb 2018 Book Now
Mar 2018 Sat: 03 Mar 2018 Book Now
Apr 2018 Sat: 07 Apr 2018 Book Now
May 2018 Sat: 05 May 2018 Book Now
Jun 2018 Sat: 02 Jun 2018 Book Now
Jul 2018 Sat: 07 Jul 2018 Book Now
Aug 2018 Sat: 04 Aug 2018 Book Now
Sep 2018 Sat: 01 Sep 2018 Book Now
Oct 2018 Sat: 06 Oct 2018 Book Now
Nov 2018 Sat: 03 Nov 2018 Book Now
Dec 2018 Sat: 01 Dec 2018 Book Now
Jan 2019 Sat: 05 Jan 2019 Book Now
Feb 2019 Sat: 02 Feb 2019 Book Now
Mar 2019 Sat: 02 Mar 2019 Book Now
Apr 2019 Sat: 06 Apr 2019 Book Now
May 2019 Sat: 04 May 2019 Book Now
Jun 2019 Sat: 01 Jun 2019 Book Now
Jul 2019 Sat: 06 Jul 2019 Book Now
Aug 2019 Sat: 03 Aug 2019 Book Now
Sep 2019 Sat: 07 Sep 2019 Book Now
Oct 2019 Sat: 05 Oct 2019 Book Now
Nov 2019 Sat: 02 Nov 2019 Book Now
Dec 2019 Sat: 07 Dec 2019 Book Now
Jan 2020 Sat: 04 Jan 2020 Book Now
Feb 2020 Sat: 01 Feb 2020 Book Now
Mar 2020 Sat: 07 Mar 2020 Book Now
Apr 2020 Sat: 04 Apr 2020 Book Now
May 2020 Sat: 02 May 2020 Book Now
Jun 2020 Sat: 06 Jun 2020 Book Now
Jul 2020 Sat: 04 Jul 2020 Book Now
Aug 2020 Sat: 01 Aug 2020 Book Now
Sep 2020 Sat: 05 Sep 2020 Book Now
Oct 2020 Sat: 03 Oct 2020 Book Now
Nov 2020 Sat: 07 Nov 2020 Book Now
Dec 2020 Sat: 05 Dec 2020 Book Now
Jan 2021 Sat: 02 Jan 2021 Book Now
Feb 2021 Sat: 06 Feb 2021 Book Now
Mar 2021 Sat: 06 Mar 2021 Book Now
Apr 2021 Sat: 03 Apr 2021 Book Now
May 2021 Sat: 01 May 2021 Book Now
Jun 2021 Sat: 05 Jun 2021 Book Now
Jul 2021 Sat: 03 Jul 2021 Book Now
Aug 2021 Sat: 07 Aug 2021 Book Now
Sep 2021 Sat: 04 Sep 2021 Book Now
Oct 2021 Sat: 02 Oct 2021 Book Now
Nov 2021 Sat: 06 Nov 2021 Book Now
Dec 2021 Sat: 04 Dec 2021 Book Now
Jan 2022 Sat: 01 Jan 2022 Book Now
Feb 2022 Sat: 05 Feb 2022 Book Now
Mar 2022 Sat: 05 Mar 2022 Book Now
Apr 2022 Sat: 02 Apr 2022 Book Now
May 2022 Sat: 07 May 2022 Book Now
Jun 2022 Sat: 04 Jun 2022 Book Now
Jul 2022 Sat: 02 Jul 2022 Book Now
Aug 2022 Sat: 06 Aug 2022 Book Now
Sep 2022 Sat: 03 Sep 2022 Book Now
Oct 2022 Sat: 01 Oct 2022 Book Now
Nov 2022 Sat: 05 Nov 2022 Book Now
Dec 2022 Sat: 03 Dec 2022 Book Now
Jan 2023 Sat: 07 Jan 2023 Book Now
Feb 2023 Sat: 04 Feb 2023 Book Now
Mar 2023 Sat: 04 Mar 2023 Book Now
Apr 2023 Sat: 01 Apr 2023 Book Now
May 2023 Sat: 06 May 2023 Book Now
Jun 2023 Sat: 03 Jun 2023 Book Now
Jul 2023 Sat: 01 Jul 2023 Book Now
Aug 2023 Sat: 05 Aug 2023 Book Now
Sep 2023 Sat: 02 Sep 2023 Book Now
Oct 2023 Sat: 07 Oct 2023 Book Now
Nov 2023 Sat: 04 Nov 2023 Book Now
Dec 2023 Sat: 02 Dec 2023 Book Now
Jan 2024 Sat: 06 Jan 2024 Book Now
Feb 2024 Sat: 03 Feb 2024 Book Now
Mar 2024 Sat: 02 Mar 2024 Book Now
Apr 2024 Sat: 06 Apr 2024 Book Now
May 2024 Sat: 04 May 2024 Book Now
Jun 2024 Sat: 01 Jun 2024 Book Now
Jul 2024 Sat: 06 Jul 2024 Book Now
Aug 2024 Sat: 03 Aug 2024 Book Now
Sep 2024 Sat: 07 Sep 2024 Book Now
Oct 2024 Sat: 05 Oct 2024 Book Now
Nov 2024 Sat: 02 Nov 2024 Book Now
Dec 2024 Sat: 07 Dec 2024 Book Now