Bali Surf Instructor Course
On our awesome Bali surf instructor course, we take you from beginner to instructor in only 8 or 12 weeks. You will be based in the Bali’s hotspot. A really cool, chilled out, ‘surfy’ village on the west coast of Bali. You will stay in a private villa (which has an amazing lush garden & funky plunge pool!) with your other course mates. You will be out surfing and coached twice a day by our highly qualified ISA surf instructors. We cater for all levels of surfing, so even when you’re just a beginner or an advanced surfer, we will make sure that you develop and work towards successfully passing your ISA assessment after 10 weeks. This 8 and 12-weeks is also suitable for surfers that just want to improve their surfing and can be booked without the ISA and Lifeguard exams for a 10% discount.
- You fancy going somewhere completely different? You will love our chilled surf camp!
- Explore Bali and its famous surf locations!
- Become a surf instructor and travel the world with your new qualification!
- Improve your surfing even if you are not fully ready to take the actual ISA exam!
- Spend 8- or 12-weeks on an epic surf adventure in Indonesia!
- Experience sandy beaches as your office, like we do!
- Stay in a private Villa which includes breakfast every morning!
- Includes your Surf Gear Rental!
Of course, you are here for surfing, but that is definitely not all that Bali has to offer! During your stay here you can expect to make friends for life and being based in one place a little longer allows you to experience Bali and Indonesia from a completely different perspective than the average tourist.
Your new home from home is a place where many people like to come back to and with very good reason. Sandy beach parties, lush green rice paddies, heaps of cool and interesting people, even cooler locals… and the food is to die for! And this will be your home!
To be able to really connect and interact with the local people, we also provide weekly Bahasa lessons. This is the national Language of Indonesia.
The Surf Instructor Course
Over the course of 8 or 12 action-packed weeks in Bali’s surf capital, you’ll take the ISA surf instructor course and the SLS lifeguarding course, and ride some of the best waves available every day.
What will my time in Indonesia Look like?
On average you can expect the following during your stay with us. You will be out surfing 6 times a week from dusk till dawn, twice a day. 2 times a week you will train with a personal trainer to assure you will be at the right level of fitness to pass your assessment.
Every Sunday we have a ‘restday’ on these days you’re free to do whatever you want,
maybe even more surfing! But we make sure that every other week we provide a
nice excursion so you can really soak up some of Indonesian finest scenery and get
you to experience that real Bali feeling.
During your stay here we want to make sure you become a well-rounded surfer
as this is a very important aspect of being a great surfer and instructor. To assure
this we make use of the amazing waves Indonesia has on offer. We will take you
on several trips to the famous G-land and trips to Lombok. But Bali itself has many
famous and infamous breaks that you will be surfing as well. One of the best ways
to learn surfing is not only by doing it as much as possible but also seeing yourself
surf to be able to understand potential mistakes you’re making. So during
your training, you will be filmed and photographed a lot so we can work on
your personal development.
- Lombok 4 days surf trip. Including: accommodation, transport and BBQ
- G-land 4 days surf trip. Including: accommodation, transport and BBQ
- Surfing outer Reefs by boat. Including Transport
- Snorkeling Menjangan day trip. Including: Transport
- Snorkeling Lembongan day trip. Including: Transport
- Bali Central trips, Ubud, waterfalls,
monkey forest. Including: Transport
Our boutique-style surf villas with 2 plunge pools offer high standard bedrooms with A/C & private bathrooms, you will share with max. 2 other surfers. The two villas are connected as one property. The Villas are located in Canggu and you can reach within 5 minutes three surf breaks. Next to the pool area there is an open kitchen/bar where you can hang out after your surf
session and share your Bali adventures.
There are several terrific communal areas, and one of the best positioned yoga studios out there with views over the surrounding greenery.
Only breakfast is included throughout the programme. But you can get a nice (and cheap) meal on every corner of every street. Meals are about 3 to 8 GBP per meal.
Breakfast is a choice of:
- Pancakes with palm sugar syrup, bacon & fruits
- Eggs scrambled, fried or omelette (with bacon and/or grilled veggies if you like)
- Exotic fruit salad with yoghurt & granola
- Local, Nasi or Mie Goreng with egg
- Juice and or tea, coffee, cappuccino
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
The safest way to travel in Bali is by taxi. Scooter is the main transport and fastest way to get around. Walking is possible but not very ideal. Experience is required for driving a scooter, and we do not recommend it as its dsuper busy and dangerous.
Yes you can. We offer insurance for just 25 euro a week that covers any damage or loss to our equipment (surfboards & leashes) while surfing.
Bali is a developed island. It is not necessary to take Rupiah from your home country. There are plenty of ATM`s around. In the airport you will definitely find 2 or 3 ATM`s. A good starting amount is: 1 Million Rupiah that is equal to about 65 euro.
Don`t forget to take out your card from the ATM. The ATM provides money first then usually it will ask for another transaction before it will return your card.
Bali surfing conditions are excellent all year round! One of the best surfing locations in the world and offers year round the best surf you will find on the planet. If we have to give an indication when the swell is absolutely world class, then it is during the dry-season months: May till late October. Basically for all levels of surfer Bali is good all year round.
The weather in Bali is very consistent temperature wise and offers a lot of beach time. It is day and night warm with temperatures always above 23C – 26C during the night and day above 26C to 32C. Bali knows two seasons: Dry-Season and Wet-Season. Dry-Season: May till October and Wet-Season: November till April. Wet season is the hottest time of the year as well and is still good for Holidays. The rain will feel like an outdoor lukewarm shower. It hardly rains all day and the rain starts usually early in the morning and late in the afternoon. During the day it is mostly hot and sunny. Also in wet-season there are weeks that there is hardly any rain at all. So Bali offers year-round good weather conditions with a very very nice temperature throughout the year.
Dengue fever is one of the most common mosquito-borne diseases in Indonesia. These mosquitoes commonly breed in warm, humid weather and in stagnant water. Unlike most mosquitoes, dengue-causing mosquitoes bite during the day. Dengue infection along with other acute viral illness pose similar features: fever, bone and joint pain with or without skin rash. There is no vaccine for Dengue fever and there is no cure either. Dengue Fever can be prevented with precautions such as mosquito nets at bedtime and mosquito repellents.
This is just an advice, please consult your Doctor at home. The recommended vaccines for travelling to Indonesia based on the Centers for Disease Control are: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitis, Typhoid, Rabies, Tetanus, and Yellow Fever (only if you come from a Yellow Fever region). Ideally, you should get the vaccinations 4-6 weeks before travel, as some vaccinations require multiple doses and an immune reaction time.
- Summer clothes
- Bikini/board shorts
- Flip flops
- Sunscreen with high protection
- Mosquito repellent
- Beach towel
- Leggings (some people get surf rash from rubbing against the surfboard or get bad sunburns. The simple solution is either a wetsuit or leggings)
If you are already in Bali we have several pick-up and drop-off options. If you are in Kuta or Seminyak our driver will pick you up or drop you off for free. If you want to be picked up or dropped off in Ubud the price is 250.000 IDR, the price for a pick-up or drop-off in Sanur is 150.000 IDR. If you are in a different part of Bali you will have to organise your own transport.
- Pre-departure pack before travelling
- Welcoming Bintang
- Airport Transfer
- 12 Weeks stay in a lush Villa with plunge pool
- Breakfast included
- Board Rental and Rash Guards included
- 10 x relaxing Balinese Massages
- Unlimited access to the waterpark, fitness centre, bowling.
- Saturday evenings, Free BBQ time at the surf camp!
- 6 days week unlimited surf guiding & Surf Safari: dusk till dawn.
- 1 x a week relaxing evening yoga sessions
- 1 x a week boot camp training
SUNDAY EXCURSIONS & SURF TRIPS
- Lombok 4 days surf trip incl accommodation, transport and BBQ*
- G-land 4 days surf trip incl accommodation, transport and BBQ
- Surfing outer Reefs by boat incl. Transport
- Snorkeling Menjangan day trip incl. Transport
- Snorkeling Lembongan day trip Transport*
- Bali Central trips, Ubud, waterfalls, monkey forest incl. Transport
- * marked excursions are excluded for the 8 weeks course
- Bahasa Indonesia Language course once a week
- Free – Tee & Cap
- Weekly Intern Teacher Training
- Weekly Photos & Video Analysing
- I.S.A course (level 1)
- Lifesaving course
- Free Dive course + certificate
- Possible to book this programme without the ISA and Lifesaving course -10% discount
- Extra activities not on itinerary
- Meals other than Breakfast
- Travel Insurance
- Return airport transfer
1ST of October 2018 | 08 WEEKS
1ST of December 2018 | 12 WEEKS
1ST of January 2019 | 08 WEEKS
1ST of March 2019 | 12 WEEKS
1ST of April 2019 | 8 WEEKS
1ST of June 2019 | 12 WEEKS