Xtreme India ExperienceBook Now
Imagine visiting ancient temples, royal palaces and world heritage sites from centuries long gone. Imagine exploring a new and exciting country by immersing yourself in the local traditions and culture of the people. Imagine working with local communities to help improve the lives of its residents. Imagine all this and more with our incredible ´Xtreme India Experience´ programme.
With Xtreme Gap Year´s new ´Xtreme India Experience´ programme, you will visit one of the worlds most unique and exciting countries, while immersing yourself in the culture, volunteering on local projects, working with local communities and travelling through various parts of the country. This incredible 4-week programme takes you from desert plains, to beautiful beaches, into busy markets and quiet temples, from the heart of India´s buzzing cities to the serene beauty of her tiny rural villages. You will explore four vastly different and stunning parts of the country; Delhi, Himachal, Rajasthan, Goa; each with varying sub-cultures, landscapes, cuisines, and traditions providing you with constant new experiences.
From a range of Cultural immersion projects in schools and environmental conservation work, the Xtreme India Experience is the ultimate in rewarding overseas experiences and there is no better place to dedicate your time that in the incredible and fascinating country of India. Not only will you be able to make a positive difference in the lives of Indian people with your volunteer work, but you will also get to travel the country visiting some of the most iconic sites, such as the Taj Mahal, the breath-taking Himalayan foothills, the colourful state of Rajasthan and the popular beaches of Goa.
There are also lots of adventurous activities to keep your thrill-seeking side satiated. From Mountain hikes to camel rides, exploring ancient palaces and historic temples, the Xtreme India Experience is a bounty of remarkable experiences, that will leave their mark on your for a long time. Sharing moments like these with other like-minded travellers and volunteers on the programme creates a strong bond between you, which will no doubt continue once you get back home.
- New Delhi Sightseeing and cultural intro
- Joining a group of fellow travellers to Explore this incredible country
- Visit the Taj Mahal and learn all about its history
- Rajasthan weekend camel desert safari
- Mountain Hiking in the Himalayas
- Visit the home town of the Dalai Lama and learn more about Tibetan culture
- Visit the historical Sights of Udaipur
- Soaking up the sun on the tropical beaches of Goa
- Sampling some amazing Indian food (all food included)
Is Please note the following itinerary is subject to change depending on local conditions.
- Day 1 Orientation, Day in Delhi and overnight travel to Shimla
- Days 2 and 3 Trek: 2 Days/20 Kilometers
- Day 4 Visit Shimla City
- Days 5 and 6 Dharamsala – Experience Tibetan culture, traditional Tibetan market, Kangra Fort and Kangra temple
- Day 7 Experience Delhi
- Day 8 Taj Mahal (Agra)
- Days 9 and 10 Experience Rajasthan – Udaipur
- Day 11 Temple tour outskirts of Udaipur
- Day 12 The Experience of a lifetime ” Sleeping in the Desert
- Day 13 Visit the city of Jaisalmer, visiting a beautiful authentic Haveli and a lake
- Day 14 Return to Udaipur
- Day 15 Free morning and spend the afternoon at the Project
- Day 16 Morning at the Xtreme Gap Year Project and take the evening bus to Mumbai
- Day 17 Boat ride into the Arabian sea, visit the Elephanta caves
- Day 18 Transfer to Goa and afternoon on the beach
- Days 19 and 20 Experience Goa, Anjuna village, waterfalls, markets and a spice plantation, visit to Old Goa
- Day 21 Free day
- Days 22 to 26 Volunteering at our construction and renovation project during the first half of the day and the second half of the day spend educative and quality time with migratory children at our outreach program
- Day 27 Free day to relax and do shopping. Prepare for departure next day
- Day 28 Departure. The road trip finishes in Goa. The best place to fly out would be from Dabolim Airport, Goa
The itinerary is subject to change.
The programme is designed with three key objectives in mind;
Educational Journey: By working with local communities, our trained staff and experiencing the fascinating culture of India first-hand, you will be taken on an immense educational and insightful journey. From teaching English, introducing new sports activities to local kids and showcasing interesting aspects of your home country and culture, you will broaden and excite the minds of these young children and make lifelong friends. Not only will you be educating a new generation, but the educational experience you will receive in return will be priceless. With our trained staff always on hand to help you out, you can rest assured you will always have assistance and guidance should you need it.
Cultural Expansion: There is nothing quite like living in a local community, sharing meals and laughter with new friends and working alongside the local people to broaden your experience and give you a deep understanding of the culture, traditions and people. Entering a culture, where everything from the food, the weather, the landscapes, the religion and the clothes are completely different to your home country, can be a big learning curve, so we do our best to provide you with supportive introductory classes, tips and advice to help you understand this vast and varied new culture. By observing and partaking in another culture, it can also, in effect, provide you with a deeper and new understanding of your own culture.
Travel Experiences: Physical travel, as well as an inner spiritual journey, will help you to experience the best of what India has to offer. From the colourful markets, to the grand temples, and rural villages, India is a huge country with a new surprise around every corner, and in each locale. Travelling by train, bus, rickshaw, taxi, bicycle, camel, and maybe even an elephant, will help you to see the country from the ground, instead of missing out by flying above the clouds. To keep in tune with our environmental ethics, we choose to travel by the most eco-friendly methods, which means travelling like a local for an authentic and enriching experience of India.
With exciting outdoor adventures, powerful inner journeys, deep cultural exploration and rewarding local interactions, our India programme is the perfect way to spend four weeks in this enchanting country.
So, let´s take a closer look at a more detailed itinerary for your 30 day Indian experience.
First Part (8 Days)-New Delhi – Himachal Pradesh & Agra
culture within India and also visit a famous temple and fort.
Second Part (8 Days)-Rajasthan – Udaipur and Mt. Abu
Final Part (10 Days)-Goa
Trip Frequently Asked Questions
Arrival day is Sunday (A day before the start date) Arrival Location: New Delhi. Arrival Time: Sunday 6 am to 10 pm
Departure Date: Saturday (4th week). Departure Location: Goa. Departure Time: Anytime on Saturday.
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is connected to all of the important cities of the world with almost all of the major international airlines operating from it. One of our coordinators will receive you at the Airport with a board displaying your name to ensure that the process is simple and relieving.
- Airport Pickup in New Delhi.
- Hotel Accommodation in Delhi (standard room).
- Logistical management
- 24/7 support in case of emergencies
- 3 good meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Shared accommodation in a standard room (2-6 persons per room)
- Local transport during the project
- Access to the DVD player, TV with SKY and Wi-Fi facilities also hot running water and bathroom amnesties
- Entry Fees for most places
- Alcohol or Cigarettes (no drinking at the centre)
- Special Food
- Phone Calls
- Flights/ Visas/ Insurance etc.
- Airport Drop Off
2019 on Sundays
Jan 6th Jan 20th
Feb 3rd Feb 17th
Mar 3rd Mar 17th
Apr 7th Apr 21st
May 5th May 19th
Jun 2nd Jun 16th
Jul 7th Jul 21st
Aug 4th Aug 18th
Sep 1st Sep 15th
Oct 6th Oct 20th
Nov 3rd Nov 17th
Dec 1st Dec 15th