MANAGING YOUR FINANCES ONCE YOU ARE ABROAD
One of the most common questions we are asked is what people do about their money when they travel.
How much should they take with them and how do they access their travel funds?
Whilst many people take their ATM card with them, which is fairly convenient (providing they have called the bank prior to travel), you can expect to pay between 3% and 8% in fees to your bank for currency conversion. That a huge extra expense.
Carrying all of your cash with is a definite no-no, but there are smarter ways of doing it.
Our main recommendation would be the VFX currency card. It’s absolutely genius. At any time you can transfer funds from your bank account at home to your prepaid MasterCard credit card at exceptional rates then access these funds in atms abroad.
At any time you can manage this by mobile phone and Internet banking as well to top up your balance. To give you an indication of the difference. If you are letting your bank do the currency conversion on withdrawing £100 you may pay up to £8 in fees to access your cash or 8%. With the currency card you will pay significantly less. It’s free to get one as well.
Below is a list of key services:
- No transfer fees for payments anywhere in the world.
- No hidden costs. The rate you are offered is the one you pay.
- Faster transfers on all major currencies and most exotic currencies.
- Online exchange platform.
- Currency App.
- Multi Currency Card.
- Same day account opening (free of charge).
- Regulated as an Authorised Payment Institution with the Financial Conduct Authority for your safety.